Monday, December 31, 2007

Last Day of the Year 2007

Many of you have asked to see a picture of Matilda, our house helper. So today, the last day of 2007, I was able to convince Matilda and our 2 housekeepers at the Guest House, Elistina and Esnart, to pose for a picture. Elistina has worked here for years, and she is a very hard worker. I am getting to know Esnart as she only works part-time. All 3 of these ladies are a joy to work alongside, and I hope we can be friends for a very long time.

In back: Elistina and Matilda; Kneeling: Esnart

Today I experimented with a new recipe from Lindy Howard - Flour Tortillas. You may be wondering why I didn't just buy tortillas from the grocery, but they are very expensive. Many missionaries have them brought overseas by volunteers or bring them back after stateside assignment. I had fun making them and Austin & Coby had fun eating them. Kelsey helped me in the beginning process, but then she went to a friends house to play. She ate her taco when she got home. I was very proud of myself, so I took some pics.

Ingredients:
4 cups Flour
2 tsp. Salt
1 Tbsp. baking powder
work in... 2 Tbsp. butter
Stir in... 1-2 cups water (make a soft dough). Form a ball, knead on floured board. Make balls size of eggs. Stand for 15 minutes. Roll out & place on hot ungreased skillet to cook.

Don't they look tasty?

And the finished product...


Kid tested and approved!

No comments: