Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Past

Christmas morning at 5:30am (yes, that's when the kids awoke)

Today it has been raining, and yesterday it rained, and the day before that it rained... well, we are in the rainy season here in Zambia. We are trying to keep the kids from driving us CRAZY during the rainy season. Austin has found a game at the guesthouse called Risk, which is actually an old game, and when he brought it in, the directions were missing. Ricky says he used to play years ago, but doesn't remember how to play. Austin finds the directions on the internet (how great is our technology!) and so we have begun the game. I think this is the longest game ever... it has taken residence upon our dining room table. Coby and I keep taking turns playing against Ricky and Austin. Kelsey, in the meantime, is enjoying riding her new bike from Santa. Ozman, one of the guards, graciously worked on it a couple of times already since Christmas Day. Ricky and I are keeping the guesthouse renovations in order, although, today I have been sick so that has slowed me down some. I think it's just a 24 hour thing, but I appreciate your prayers to feel better soon. Planting grass in front of the Guest House...yes, that's one piece at a time in rows.

We celebrated Christmas Day at the Howards, with a fantastic Mexican lunch. The kids enjoyed playing with new friends, and Coby even had the privilege of getting his feet washed by Uncle Franklin after he stepped on a tack. He's fine, but the foot washing was more exciting since Coby is very ticklish. We sent a video to our family and close friends on Christmas Day, so I wanted to share it with you, my blog family. I recorded and Austin edited the movie. I hope it doesn't bore you to sleep!
Part 1 - Christmas Eve

Part 2 - Christmas Day

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. We had a wonderful first Christmas in Africa. We look forward to sharing more in 2008!

1 comment:

Kim Singleton said...

We loved watching your videos. Tell Austin he is doing a great job on uploading these! Looks like the kids had a great Christmas. Jenna wants to know who Austin plans to call with his new phone!

I am always anxious to see what your next posting will say and what pictures we will get to see. Keep blogging. We feel closer to you when we can see you!

May God continue to bless you all. I hope you're feeling much better, Niki.

In His love,
The Singleton Family