Thursday, October 2, 2008

Blog Block

Just wanted to write a blog to let you know that we are are ALIVE and WELL. It has been a while since I last posted a blog. This has been due to several reasons, which I will try to explain.

First, on Wednesday, September 17th, Ricky and Austin traveled to South Africa to seek some medical advice on Austin. They have seen several doctors, but have not come to a consensus on a diagnosis.

Secondly, in the absence of Ricky and Austin, myself and the other 2 kids remained in Zambia. We were patiently waiting for our guys to come home. On Saturday, September 27th I took the kids to our gym for a relaxing and fun time at the pool. As we were enjoying a great sunny day, someone stole my wallet from my purse as it sat beside my chair near the poolside. When I realized it was missing, I immediately ran to security and management. They helped me search and ask people who were around if they had seen anything. No one wanted to help, even though one lady said she saw some kids near my things while I was at the pool. So, after filing a police report and cancelling all my credit cards, I phoned Ricky to tell him I was coming to South Africa to join him and Austin. On Sunday, we flew to Johannesburg.

In the meantime, we are still consulting with doctors here in Johannesburg, and obviously, being together as a family has been the greatest reward. Also, we found out by email that someone found my wallet stuffed behind a toilet at the gym. Only the money was gone, but all my credit cards and ID's were amazingly still there. What a relief!

While in Joburg, we have tried to do some fun thigns with the kids. They enjoy shopping at the market, but we also took a short trip to the Lion Park - see next blog for pictures. Hopefully, we all will be returning to Zambia very soon.

No comments: