Monday, February 25, 2008

Man Captured Swimming in Mall Fountain

That could have been the headline on yesterday's paper. We were eating 'out' again due to the power outages every night, and we were sitting at the mall enjoying our meal when we noticed a commotion at the water fountain. A man decided to take a dip in the water and have a go at swimming in 2 foot of water. The security guards began telling him to get out, but he didn't want to. The guards began walking into the water to try to catch the 'swimmer' and he began swimming away from them. The crowds were growing and people were taking pictures with their cell phones. The people were cheering this guy on to keep swimming from the guards. Ricky and the kids went over to see what was happening, but I stayed at the table. Finally, when I got up to see exactly what was going on, the guards had caught the guy and began dragging him out of the water. He resisted, of course, but they were able to drag him away from the crowds and into a secured area. After all this happened, I realized I had the camera in my purse the whole time. I guess I was so in shock that I didn't get a picture until after the guards had taken him away. Here are some pics of the aftermath:
The puddles after being pulled out.
Coby, an eye witness to the event.
Would you swim in this??

No comments: