Monday, February 18, 2008

Donating Blood

As part of the Zambia Braai missionary group, we get frequent emails with requests, items for sale, etc. One email we received last week was requesting a donor for a missionary having a C-section this week. She needed type A- blood, and that is exactly what Ricky and I are. Since Ricky is still sick with this yucky cold, I volunteered to donate blood for her. So, this morning a friend, Robyn, picked me up and we headed for the hospital. It was very interesting giving blood in another country, but I kept my eyes on the nurse and what she was doing, and it was safely accomplished. It only took about 2 hours, which is great for Africa! Please pray with me for the safe delivery of Luke & Elise's 4th child being born this Wednesday, February 20th. I haven't even met this couple yet, but we will probably meet very soon.

No comments: