Sunday, June 15, 2008

Birthdays and Celebrations

Yes, I have turned another year older. Tonight my mission family celebrated with me by having cake and ice cream after our Bible study. It was good to have my friends and "family" to wish me a happy birthday (on the 10th of June). My first birthday in Zambia seemed rather normal, but I did miss my family and friends back home in South Carolina. And I've never had a birthday in winter, so that was different.
And today we also celebrated "Father's Day". Coby and Kelsey helped me prepare omlets this morning for Ricky. We would like to let our fathers know how much we appreciate them for who they are, and for the example they have been in our lives. We love you, Dads!

1 comment:

The Helgren Family said...

I AM A TERRIBLE friend!!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY LATE! I knew about the party but was so sick on Saturday and recooping on Sunday that I forgot about your bday and Father's Day! HA! I hope you had a good one! LOVE YOU!