Monday, May 12, 2008

Mrs. Brain

I am trying new ideas to make homeschooling a success in our first year. We have had some struggles over the past few months and so I got this idea from a former Zambian missionary family. We had fun for the first day trying something new and crazy, but I am disappointed that it didn't work like I expected it would. I think I have waited too late in the school year to implement a new method of teaching. But I'm proud that I gave it a shot. Better luck next time, I guess!

My outfit included some big, ugly sunglasses, an African FRO wig, one of Ricky's oversized African shirts, and a chitangi (an African wrap skirt). I named myself Mrs. Brain, and told the kids that mom stepped out for a few minutes and so she called on Mrs. Brain to do school for the day. The all got a kick out of laughing their heads off, and we didn't get much school done - but I'm positive they had fun today! Later in the day, Austin made me change my sunglasses to his more cooler sunglasses. Kelsey thinks that Mrs. Brain is smarter than mommy because of the wig.

No comments: